- What is web hosting?
- What are web servers? Why are they necessary?
- What's the difference between shared, dedicated, and other types of hosting?
- What is a control panel?
- What do you mean when you say gigabyte, megabyte, GB, and MB?
- How much disk space and bandwidth do I need for my website?
- Why shouldn't I go for that unlimited plan? Beware overselling.
- What happens if I exceed my space or bandwidth quotas?
- Am I allowed to resell my hosting space?
- Can I host more than one site per account?
- In general, what can get my account suspended?
- What is an Uptime Guarantee?
- What are domain names? How do they work?
- How do I decide what to choose for a domain name?
- Where can I buy a domain name for my site?
- Can people find out where I live based on my domain registration information?
- Should I pay for private domain registration?
- What are parked and addon domains? What about subdomains?
- What is an IP address? Do I need a Dedicated IP?
- What is an SSL/TLS certificate?
- What are PHP, Perl, Python, and Ruby on Rails?
- What is a MySQL database?
- What is FTP? Why do I need it?
- How many email accounts do I need?
- What are email forwarders?
- What is an email auto-responder?
- What is Spam?
- Should I be taking backups of my account? If so, how often?
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Becoming familiar with databases in phpMyAdmin Creating tables in a database with...
How to configure an email account in Windows (Vista) Mail How to configure an email...
How to install third-party modules in DotNetNuke How to install third-party skins in...
How to install WordPress How to configure your settings in WordPress How to change...
Logging in to SmarterMail for the first time How to login to SmarterMail How to...